- Article examines a mentor's effect on salary, retention
- Read an article that defines the differences of salary and retention rates between a group of mentored employees versus a group of employees without mentors (cgma.org).
- IRS issues alert about new W-2 email phishing scam
- Employers should be aware of a new W-2 email phishing scam targeting groups including schools, restaurants, hospitals and tribal groups (irs.gov).
- IRS stops e-Sevice accounts
- IRS has suspended e-Services accounts for users who failed to verify their identities (irs.gov).
- Article: IRS to publish tax practitioners' info on its website
- Tax practitioners may be interested in the article, "Tax practitioners’ information will soon be available at IRS website" (journalofaccontancy.com).
- DOR issues latest Wisconsin Tax Bulletin
- Read about differences in Wisconsin and federal IRC provisions, 2017 tax rates and other tax-related topics in the latest Wisconsin Tax Bulletin.
- February 2017 IRS news for payroll and HR, tax pros and business
- Check out February 2017 IRS news for payroll and HR, tax pros and business.
- Worksheet can improve your client relationships
- Use AICPA's Clients Goals and Challenges Worksheet to guide a conversation with your clients that can help to identify opportunities to deepen your client relationships.
- Useful resources for tax pros
- Register for the webinar: Tax identity theft- tax professionals on the ramparts. Also, read the IRS alert about Form W-2 scam targeting payroll and HR departments.
- Course examines tax policy effects of 2016 election
- Register for the CPE course: Tax Policy Implications of the 2016 Federal Election. The course, presented by the Milwaukee Bar Association, Inc. is available to WICPA members at a discount.
- Article examines border tariff, border-adjustment tax
- Get insight on President Donald Trump's plan for tariffs on imports and the House Republicans’ plan for a border-adjustment tax (reuters.com).