- Practical considerations for lease accounting
- Implementing the Financial Accounting Standards Board's new lease accounting standard will be a challenge for many public- and private-company preparers. Here are some things to keep in mind during implementation.
- Attestation guidance for 3rd-party due diligence services for asset-backed securities
- The AICPA Auditing Standards Board has issued a statement of position that provides guidance for performing agreed-upon procedures attestation engagements related to third-party due diligence services performed in connection with rated...
- IRS, state tax agencies to host National Tax Security Awareness Week
- The Internal Revenue Service, state tax agencies and the tax industry will host National Tax Security Awareness Week Nov. 27-Dec. 1 to encourage both individual and business taxpayers to take additional steps to protect their tax data and...
- Senate tax-reform bill contains more changes
- The version of the tax-reform bill passed by the Senate Finance Committee holds several more changes affecting individuals and businesses. The Senate bill would codify and make permanent the IRS's Free File program. There would also be changes in...
- FASB makes codification improvements by combining Topics 220 and 225
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board has combined guidance for income statements and comprehensive income into one topic in its Accounting Standards Codification. The change is designed to simplify the codification for users.
- Blockchain: An opportunity for accountants? Or a threat?
- The rise of the internet devastated newspaper journalists, and self-driving vehicles might threaten truck drivers' jobs. Will blockchain technology have a similar harmful effect on CPAs, or will it merely become a useful tool for accountants?
- House passes tax-reform bill
- The House of Representatives has passed its tax-reform bill in a 227-205 vote. The bill would reduce the number of individual tax brackets, lower the corporate income tax rate and make many other significant changes to the Internal Revenue Code.
- How to apply emotional intelligence to managing remote workers
- Despite headlines about some big employers calling employees back to the office, research from Gallup suggests that the remote workforce is growing. Leading a team that includes remote employees requires emotional intelligence, and that starts...
- How to make better use of Excel's IF function
- The IF function might be the most important function in Excel for users who create financial models. Here are some valuable ways to use the IF function to solve common problems.
- Your new, blockchain-supported job
- Blockchain technology is so much more than digital currency. And it has the potential to change the way CPAs work. Find out exactly how your day to day could look totally different.