- New law matches up state tax return due dates with federal deadlines
- Gov. Scott Walker has signed into law SB 2, authored by Sen. Howard Marklein and Rep. Dale Kooyenga, that matches up state tax return due dates with the federal deadlines.
- Wisconsin's CPA connection to Black History Month
- Read about Larzette Golden Hale-Wilson, the first black woman to earn a Ph.D. in accounting who graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Check out March 2017 IRS news
- This month's IRS news for tax pros, payroll and HR and business includes the annual top "Dirty Dozen" scams and Affordable Care Act updates.
- Implement Intentional Gratitude Actions at your company
- Show gratitude to those in your firm by using the Private Companies Practice Section Intentional Gratitude Actions. Using these simple ideas can help increase motivation, teamwork, personal knowledge, and build a strong firm culture. Discover how...
- Free webinar: Working with the IRS Office of Appeals
- Register for the free webinar: Working with the IRS Office of Appeals - What to Expect, at 1 p.m., March 15.
- AICPA revises its going concern audit standard
- The American Institute of CPAs' Auditing Standards Board revised its standard for going concern opinions (journalofaccountancy.com, accountingtoday.com,).
- Article examines a mentor's effect on salary, retention
- Read an article that defines the differences of salary and retention rates between a group of mentored employees versus a group of employees without mentors (cgma.org).
- IRS issues alert about new W-2 email phishing scam
- Employers should be aware of a new W-2 email phishing scam targeting groups including schools, restaurants, hospitals and tribal groups (irs.gov).
- IRS stops e-Sevice accounts
- IRS has suspended e-Services accounts for users who failed to verify their identities (irs.gov).
- Article: IRS to publish tax practitioners' info on its website
- Tax practitioners may be interested in the article, "Tax practitioners’ information will soon be available at IRS website" (journalofaccontancy.com).