< Return to List
- Senate markup would make individual tax cuts temporary, corporate tax cuts permanent
- Days after the Senate announced the details of their version of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act , the real work began: marking it up. Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), as chair of the Senate Committee on Finance, has released the "Chairman's Mark" to the Act....
- Ways to stop elder financial abuse before it starts
- The prevalence of elder financial scams continues to rise. This article , based on a session at the AICPA's Forensic and Valuation Services conference, looks at common schemes and at ways CPAs can help clients avoid becoming victims.
- Quiz: How much do you know about blockchain?
- Emerging blockchain technology has implications for many disciplines that are important for CPAs, including auditing, cybersecurity, and financial planning and analysis. Take this five-question quiz to find out whether you understand the basics...
- Senate adds repeal of health care mandate to tax bill
- Senate Republicans are including in their tax bill a repeal of the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate requiring health insurance for most Americans.
- Don't let email eat away at your productivity
- Checking and responding to email can take up large portions of the day. Here are three techniques to better manage your inbox and become more productive.
- How tax bill could impact company finances
- Here are five key provisions of the House Republicans' tax bill that CFOs should start thinking about now.
- FASB's Siegel: Rev rec rule transforms accounting
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board's revenue recognition rule, which will go into effect for many companies in a month, is perhaps the board's most transformative action in the last decade, according to outgoing FASB member Marc Siegel.
- AICPA’s Audit Quality Report highlights peer review, control
- A recently released audit quality report by the AICPA focused on five key accomplishments in the past year: peer review, audit documentation, single audits, employee benefit plan audits and quality control.
- EY, Deloitte, PwC embrace artificial intelligence for tax and accounting
- Deloitte, Ernst & Young (EY) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), three of the famed Big 4 accounting firms employ AI to launch new business .
- Practical questions around blockchain and financial reporting
- The Financial Executives Research Foundation (FERF) is collaborating with Deloitte to explore how blockchain is currently being adopted in the financial reporting community, the potential for industry disruption and the realistic next steps for...
< Previous Page