< Return to List
- IRS will enforce health coverage reporting on 2017 returns
- The IRS updated its page on health care reporting requirements to inform taxpayers and tax practitioners that it will not accept electronically filed 2017 individual income tax returns unless taxpayers indicate that they and everyone on their...
- Tax reform: Proposal to end estate tax renews wealth debate
- The estate tax amounts to a rounding error in the federal budget, but the levy paid by precious few taxpayers plays an outsized role in the debate over growing income inequality and tax reform. (CPA Practice Advisor)
- Social Security Administration announces small increase in 2018 wage base
- The Social Security Administration (SSA) announced that the maximum amount of wages in 2018 subject to the 6.2% Social Security tax (old age, survivor, and disability insurance) will rise from $127,200 to $128,700, an increase of a little more...
- 5 qualities that differentiate your firm
- Boomer Consulting's chief innovation officer Dustin Hostetler highlights the key attributes of what makes a firm on the rise versus one that is stagnating.(Accounting Web)
- Big data, analytics, AI, and the finance professional
- Using the right technological tools can help the finance function transform itself and fuel improvement throughout the organization. (CGMA Magazine)
- Applying AI to field service
- Mobile automation could reshape the way service organizations do their work. Artificial intelligence could help with tasks such as image recognition, scheduling and generating work assignments. (Forbes)
- How your tax bracket may change under Trump's tax reform plan
- President Donald Trump's tax plan suggests simplifying current federal income tax brackets from seven to three. (Business Insider)
- SEC endorses simplification of disclosure rules
- The proposal would eliminate the risk factor examples listed in the disclosure requirement and revise the description of property requirement to emphasize the materiality threshold; eliminate certain requirements for undertakings in registration...
- Potential areas of risk for the 2017 audit cycle
- An alert published by the Center for Audit Quality discusses some of the more judgmental or complex areas that may be relevant during the 2017 auditing cycle. A second alert contains considerations for auditors of brokers and dealers. (Journal of...
- Study: Sarbanes-Oxley Act serves as an early warning system for fraud
- An academic study suggests that the Sarbanes-Oxley Act serves as an early warning system for corporate fraud. The study finds that "a statistically and economically significant association between material weaknesses [in internal controls] and...
< Previous Page