College Scholarship Program
The WICPA Educational Foundation’s college scholarship program rewards students who excel academically and demonstrate commitment to a career as a CPA. Based on academic achievement, community service, personal statement and letters of recommendation, the Foundation awarded $47,500 in scholarships in 2017. Scholarships are awarded to qualified accounting students in their fifth year of academic study and working toward the 150-hour requirement to apply for a Wisconsin CPA license.
The WICPA Educational Foundation will award up to fifteen (15) $2,500 scholarships for the fiscal year 2018/2019 to students who are Accounting Majors to assist in the last year of the 150-Hour requirement to apply for a Wisconsin CPA license.
To be eligible:
- Must attend a College or University with an Accounting program that qualifies the applicant to sit for the CPA Exam.
- The recipient must be a resident of Wisconsin and must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have completed 120 credit hours by May 2018 of a degree program that qualifies the applicant to sit for the CPA Exam.
- Student must be entering their last year to satisfy the 150-hour requirement and eligible to receive a Master’s degree in business or a double major/minor to satisfy the 150-hour requirement.
- The student cannot be a May 2018 graduate who has completed the 150-hour requirement.
- Must be full-time student status; be accepted in the college of business and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- The recipient will be announced in April 2018 for the 2018/2019 school year with the award payment to be made in August 2018 directly to the student. If the student’s situation changes to make him/her ineligible, the Foundation must be notified immediately.
Applications with requested documents must be received by the WICPA Educational Foundation by Friday, February 23, 2018.
If you have questions, please contact Jessica Murphy 800-772-6939 or 262-785-0445 ext. 4502 or email email@example.com.
Complete the application and mail or email it with the supporting documents mentioned on the application (current college transcript, letters of recommendation, and personal statement).
Mail or email application and supporting documents to:
Member Relations Director
W233N2080 Ridgeview Parkway, Suite 201
Waukesha, WI 53188
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships are made possible through WICPA members' contributions. Click here for a listing.