< Return to List
- SEC approves PCAOB’s new auditor’s reporting model
- The SEC unanimously approved the PCAOB's new auditor's reporting standard Monday, supporting the communication of critical audit matters as a way for auditors to provide more information to investors and the public.
- Accountants' role in managing AI disruption
- The accounting profession is bound to change as applications for artificial intelligence are discovered. Learn how you can prepare for the change and lead your communities' response to the technology.
- 2018 pension plan contribution amounts are announced
- The Internal Revenue Service released the inflation-adjusted amounts that apply to pension and 401(k) plans for 2018. While some limits remained the same as 2017, many were raised to reflect cost-of-living increases.
- IRS issues 2018 inflation-adjusted tax tables and many other tax provisions
- The Internal Revenue Service issued the annual revenue procedure that updates the almost 60 tax provisions that must be adjusted for inflation each year, including the tax tables and the estate tax exemption.
- Close Senate vote eases path for Trump tax cuts
- The Senate has voted 51-49 to approve a budget blueprint for fiscal 2018 that opens the door to adoption of tax cuts proposed by President Donald Trump without Democratic votes. The measure needs reconciliation with a version passed by the House...
- Tax reform: 4 action steps to take as the legislative clock ticks
- There are a steps that chief tax officers and chief finance officers can take now to be better prepared for when the legislation arrives. (FEI)
- What are auditors looking for this year?
- As the prime audit season approaches, big changes in business, the economy, technology, and regulations point to an assortment of red flags for auditors. (CFO)
- CPA life hacks to keep from getting hacked
- It's Cybersecurity Awareness Month! Check out three ways you can protect yourself and your clients. (AICPA Insights)
- What goes into purchasing a cyberinsurance policy
- A company's board of directors and CFO are in a position to determine how much cybersecurity insurance a business needs. Companies should regularly review their cybersecurity practices and let insurers know if their approach changes. (CFO)
- Impact of FASB's pension cost accounting rule change
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) introduced a new accounting standard that requires companies to present service cost as the only operating component of periodic pension costs on the income statement. (Forbes)
< Previous Page