Volunteer to be a Legislative contact
Each year, thousands of bills are introduced in the Wisconsin General Assembly. All CPAs must get involved in the political process to communicate important issues to our legislators. If we do not speak up, we will be left out of the process. As a Legislative contact for the Wisconsin Institute of CPAs, you can play a vital role in the WICPA’s governmental affairs efforts. A contact’s responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a personal or professional relationship with a Wisconsin legislator.
- Keeping in touch with his/her legislator to foster a relationship.
- Staying abreast of legislative issues.
- Reading WICPA legislative news and bulletins.
- Calling, visiting or writing his/her legislator when needed.
- Presenting WICPA viewpoints regarding the accounting profession to his/her legislator.
- Inviting and bring his/her legislator to special and WICPA events.
- Updating WICPA on important legislative news.
- Attening legislative fund raisers and functions on behalf of the WICPA.