< Return to List
- Understanding how the CPA Exam is graded
- The American Institute of CPAs Examinations team recently published a white paper on how the CPA Exam is graded. Read some key takeaways from the report in the Journal of Accountancy 's article, "How the CPA Exam is scored."
- Article: "Tax provisions in the Senate health care bill"
- A recent article in the Journal of Accountancy examines the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017, a Senate bill that would repeal many provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- IRS warns tax payers, tax pros about new phone scam
- An accountingtoday.com article highlights a new phone scam from fake certified letters.
- Survey examines Wisconsin corporate income, sales and use tax
- Read about Wisconsin corporate income and sales and use tax, with an emphasis on nexus policies and the sourcing of receipts for income tax purposes, in the Bloomberg BNA 2017 Survey of State Tax Departments.
- Article: "Federal court strikes down PTIN fees, upholds PTINs"
- A federal district court held that the IRS has the authority to require tax return preparers to obtain preparer tax identification numbers (PTINs) but that it cannot charge a user fee for issuing PTINs, according a recent article in the Journal...
- Prepare for peer review with these resources
- Ensure your firm is ready for its next peer review with resources, including free audit documentation tools for employee benefit and governmental audits. This Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS) "Guide to Avoid Potholes for a Smooth Ride to...
- IRS to offer free webcast on Form 8300
- The IRS will host a free webinar, Understanding Form 8300, on June 15.
- June 2017 IRS news
- Your June 2017 IRS news for payroll and human resources, tax and business pros includes tax tips for businesses and hobbies, audit guidance and updates for classifying a worker as an employee or independent contractor.
- Discover how to stand out in an applicant tracking system
- Consider eight tips to get your resume ranked highly with
applicant tracking systems.
- Article examines the importance of password managers
- Discover why it's a good idea to use a password manager to keep your online passwords safe by reading the article, "Password managers: The good, the bad, and the ugly."