< Return to List
- FASAB addresses intragovernmental exchanges, component reporting
- The Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) issued technical bulletins Wednesday related to accounting for intragovernmental exchange transactions and assigning assets to component reporting entities.
- How a powerful vision for your firm can overcome the talent shortage
- The AICPA's 2017 PCPS CPA Firm Top Issues Survey indicated that finding and retaining qualified staff remains a top concern for accounting firms of all sizes. Therefore, it's important for firm leaders to clearly communicate the vision for their...
- Trump announces nomination of Jerome Powell to chair Federal Reserve
- President Trump announced Thursday that he will nominate Federal Reserve Governor Jerome Powell to be chairman of the central bank. Powell, a Republican appointed to the Fed by President Obama in 2012, served as a Treasury Department...
- Tax-reform legislation revealed
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act released by the House Ways and Means Committee incorporates many of the provisions listed in Republicans' September tax-reform framework while providing new details. The bill features new tax rates, a lower limit on the...
- Companies continue to increase transparency of external audit oversight
- Investors and other stakeholders continue to gain access to more information about how audit committees choose and oversee external audit firms, according to an analysis by the Center for Audit Quality and Audit Analytics.
- What to know about hiring Gen Z to your firm
- EY (formerly Ernst & Young) recently gained insight into some of the key employment priorities of Gen Z when it surveyed more than 1,600 Gen Z interns from 29 countries at its 21st annual International Intern Leadership Conference (IILC). The...
- Topping the list: Japan. The countries most likely to be affected by automation
- Automation is inevitable, but its impact won't be felt evenly across the globe, according to a recent McKinsey Global Institute report.
- Timothy Christen named chairman of Baker Tilly International
- Timothy Christen, chairman emeritus of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP, has been named chairman of the board of directors of Baker Tilly International, one of the largest, member-driven accountancy and advisory networks in the world. Christen...
- IRS manages to make e-Services transition after all
- The Internal Revenue Service was able to transition most of its e-Services user applications to a new platform over the weekend, although it reiterated its warning Friday of delays in moving to new authentication technology. In an email to tax...
- Budgeting for realized gains
- Disciplined planning for realizing gains lessens the potential for unanticipated taxes or ugly year-end surprises, as this Tax Insider article explains.
< Previous Page