The mission of the WICPA includes serving its members through involvement in the legislative process. The WICPA Public Policy Committee establishes critical objectives strengthening legislative and regulatory advocacy for the CPA profession and improving members’ understanding of the value being involved in the legislative process.
The Public Policy Committee accomplishes objectives with respect to legislative involvement by:
- Raising legislative contributions and support legislators who understand the WICPA’s position on legislative issues.
- Working to ensure that no unfavorable legislation to CPAs is enacted.
- Maintaining key influential member contacts with key legislators and decision makers.
- Emphasizing the importance of legislative and public policy involvement by the WICPA to general WICPA membership.
- Communicating legislative involvement efforts and successes to members.
- Organizes an Advocacy Day for members to visit legislators at the Capitol in Madison to express the interests of CPAs.