The WICPA Educational Foundation supports a college scholarship program that awards three $2,500 scholarships: the LeRoy C. Schmidt 150-Hour Scholarship, the Elizabeth Peters Memorial Scholarship, and the Von Haden Memorial Scholarship. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, volunteering activities, a personal statement and letters of recommendation.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a resident of Wisconsin and a U.S. citizen.
- Have full-time student status with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at a college or university that has an accounting program that qualifies to sit for the CPA Exam.
- Have completed the first financial accounting course within the accounting major (beyond the courses required for all business majors) with an A or B grade.
- Have completed at least 90 credit hours of a degree program that qualifies to sit for the CPA Exam but not yet completed the 150-hour requirement.
- Be working towards completing the 150-hour requirement and plan to apply for a Wisconsin CPA license.
Recipients will be announced and notified in April, with scholarships distributed by September.