The selection of applicants is guided by evidence of leadership, vision and collaboration; specific skills and experience that appear to be particularly valuable to the Educational Foundation Board of Directors at the specific time; and commitment to the WICPA and the CPA profession as demonstrated by history of active participation in the WICPA. Additionally, applicants for the Educational Foundation Board of Directors must be a member of the WICPA and have a status in good standing.
General Expectations for all Educational Foundation Board Members
- Attend all Educational Foundation Board of Directors meetings (April and October).
- Attend the Member Recognition Banquet & Annual Business Meeting and New CPA Banquet.
- Encourage and support membership and involvement in the WICPA.
- Support advocacy efforts through contribution to CPA Campaign for Political Action (CPAC) or Legislative Involvement Fund (LIF).
- Support accounting career awareness by making a donation to the WICPA Educational Foundation.
Positions on the Educational Foundation Board of Directors
The President shall be the principal elected officer and shall preside at all meetings of the members of the Educational Foundation Board of Directors. He or she shall perform all executive and other duties ordinarily pertaining to the office of President or delegated to him or her by the Board. He or she shall be, ex-officio, a member of all subcommittees.
The Secretary/Treasurer shall perform all the duties incident to the office of Secretary/Treasurer, and have such other duties and exercise such other authority as from time to time may be selected or assigned to him or her by the President, Investment Committee or the Educational Foundation Board of Directors.
Within the authority granted by the Educational Foundation Board of Directors, the Directors fulfill their responsibilities by:
- Discharging duties as assigned by the Educational Foundation Board of Directors and President.
- Serving on subcommittees as assigned.